Steel Division: Normandy 44 has three campaigns for the single player: Two for the Allies and one for the Reich.
Subsequent updates have also added a number of missions to enjoy.
- Medium difficulty
- Date: June 6th-11th 1944
- Division: 82nd Airborne (Allied)
- Character: Major Shield Warren
- Description: Mission Boston was the codename for the US 82nd Airborne's combat drop over Cotentin on June 6th. This veteran division from Sicily and Italy played a crucial role in D-Day's planning, for it landed at the extreme right flank of the invasion, which it had to secure at all costs. Although the drop went better (or less badly) than its sister-division, the 101st, the 82nd was scattered all over Cotentin and, as a consequence, understrength or ad-hoc units went on fighting to secure objectives intended for much larger outfits, such as Sainte-Mère-Église and the Merderet crossings.
- Hard difficulty
- Date: June 6th-7th, 1944
- Division: 21. Panzer (Axis)
- Character: Oberst Joseph Rauch
- Description: By the end of June 6th, a small Kampfgruppe from the 21. Panzer had managed to reach Lion-sur-Mer, effectively splitting the British-Canadian beachhead in two and threatening the very landings at Sword & Juno beaches. Yet, lacking support, it had to retreat, for fear of being overrun by the Allied tide. What if Rommel, overstepping the Führer’s orders, had massively thrown the available Panzer-Divisions against the Allies’ beachhead, his old 21. Panzer leading the charge, from the earliest hours of the assault? Might history have been different?
- Very hard difficulty
- Date: June 26th-July 10th, 1944
- Division: 15th Infantry (Allied)
- Character: Brig.Gen. Sir Colin Muir Barber
- Description: Operation Epsom, also known as the First Battle of the Odon, was a major British offensive taking place between 26th and 30th June 1944, during the Battle of Normandy. The objective was to outflank and seize Hill 112, a small height overlooking Caen and the Normandy lowlands. Hill 112 was considered the « Key of Normandy »: whoever held it could control the city of Caen, a major Allied objective from Day 1 of the invasion.
Back to Hell adds several historical scenarios that can be played against AI or other players.
|2v2||Capture of Pegasus Bridge with British Airborne troops against German units.||June 6th, 1944|
|2v2||Attempt to relieve the Rangers at Pointe du Hoc on D-Day +1.||June 7th, 1944|
|1v1||Attempt by the Big Red One to break through near Caumont-l'Evente.||June 12th, 1944|
|2v2||Canadian Attack on Carpiquet airfield.||July 4th, 1944|
|1v1||Counterattack of the german 12 Panzer division against the Canadians at Carpiquet Airfield.||July 6th, 1944|
|2v2||Attack of the Canadian Forces on the Steelworks of Colombelles.||July 18th, 1944|
|2v2||British Breakthrough attempt out of the the Normandy pocket after Operation Cobra.||July 30th, 1944|
|3v3||The Battle of Mont Ormel in which German Forces tried to break out of the Falais pocket through Polish positions.||August 21st, 1944|